The DxO One Digital Camera is now available for preorder at Amazon US (Click here). it will ship on October 1.
Panasonic today announced the long expected V-LOG update for the GH4. Pity they will charge you $99 for that! They also announced a new 25mm f/1.7 lens and two updated MFT lenses. Here are the links:
Panasonic Lumix G 25mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens at BHphoto. Panasonic Store.
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. Lens at BHphoto.
45-150mm MATTE version at BHphoto.
Panasonic V-Log L Function Activation Code for Lumix DMC-GH4 at BHphoto, Panasonic Store.
The big October PhotoPlus show is getting closer and we are getting first rumors about the next bunch of new mirrorless cameras:
1) Sony A6xxx (Sony A6100?)
That camera is rumored to feature a brand new backlit RGBW sensor. The "White" pixels are added to increase the dynamic range. The Camera also records 4k at 60fps and has the fastest autofocus system of all mirrorless system cameras.
2) Panasonic GH4R
Panasonic is going to launch a new Panasonic GH4R camera which is basiccally a GH4 with V-LG added. This isn't good news because it means current GH4 cameras will not get the firmware update for free :(
No other rumored camera yet, not from Olympus, Samsung, Fuji, Nikon and Canon :(
A source just sent me that exciting news:
Coming soon: An interchangeable lens version of the Leica Q, with AF lenses. Due out in time for Photo Plus, in October.
This will not be the replacement to the M240 but rather a new system with new AF lenses, bulkier than the Q or M lines, with an EVF and lighter build despite the bulk. Sensor will be similar, if not the same, as the Q's sensor. Anticipate that it will come bundled with a 50 mm f/2 Summicron lens and retail around $8,000 USD. Build quality will be comparable to the M line and Q line...much of the Q's tech, including in body image stabilization, electronic shutter, and built in high res EVF, will be included. The camera may harken in design to Leicaflex bodies of years gone by...like a bulkier XT-1 with more simplified layout. This may end up being called the new "R" camera and may well take old R lenses via adapter, along with new AF R lenses. Not sure that it will take M lenses.
Anticipate that Leica will begin to simplify options, but canceling the T line and possibly the X-line. What will remain are the DLux, VLux, M, Q, S lines...
Thanks to the source for sending this! Really sounds like Leica is going to challenge the Sony FE system!
If you consider the price of the Summicron is around $2,000 well this means you will pay around $6,000 for the camera body only. A Full Frame X-T1...well that looks great on paper!
The new E-M10II got announced and as usual a massive amount of info is available through 43rumors.com (Click here). Nice little camera although it lacks any "WOW" factor...
Black E-M10II at Amazon, Adorama, GetOlympus.
Silver E-M10II at Amazon, Adorama, GetOlympus.
Black E-M10II with kit lens at Amazon, Adorama, FocusCamera, GetOlympus.
Silver E-M10II with kit lens at Amazon, Adorama, FocusCamera, GetOlympus.
Metal Grip ECG-3 for the E-M10II at Amazon, Adorama, FocusCamera.
– 16MP Live MOS sensor
– 5-axis camera shake correction
– Video Full HD 60p
– 4K time-lapse movie
– Continuous shooting 8.5 frames / sec.
– EVF is 2.36 million dot organic EL
– LCD monitor three inches tilting
– built-in Wi-Fi
– The body is made of metal
– The color is black and silver
– Kit, the body only, EZ lens kit, double zoom kit
The Contax Hybrid Mount Camera with a combination of two bayonets (courtesy of fotocommunity)
Fujirumors posted a set of very wild rumors on upcoming Fuji stuff. It's coming via Chinese sources so keep it with a grain of salt. Particularly that strange dual mount rumor:
1) X-Pro2 will not be launched on first quarter of 2015, but there are 2 SPEC… [FUJIRUMORS: It’s probably correct that the X-PRO2 won’t come in the first quarter. I’m not sure what “but there are 2 SPEC” means. Probably 2 versions (“species”).]
2) XF20 F2.8 (equal = 30MM / pancake) or XF18 F2.8(equal = 27MM / pancake), will be launching soon.
3) XF35 F1.4(II) , better IQ & bokeh & focus speed a bit faster than XF23, price over HK$ 4000 [FUJIRUMORS: there were rumors in 2014 about it. Apparently Fuji tested an APD version of it, but then dismissed it – source Fuji Manager]
4) OCT-DEC will be a big cannon show up (4XX) (*Forum ppl believe is 140 -400mm)
5) DUAL MOUNT PRODUCT may launch in mid of the year [FUJIRUMORS: My comment about this down below]
6) New phase auto focus system (can compete with DSLR), will come out in X-Mount. [FUJIRUMORS: why not? Sony’s bestseller, the A6000, shows the way]
7) High Speed Pro Flash light, synchronize rate improve to pro standard [FUJIRUMORS: New flash coming in spring]
8) Body will back light prevention setting system (2015 mid / year-end)
9) New fix lens camera will launching before March (” X ” 1 – 2 model) [FUJIRUMORS: He could mean the XQ2, since it was shared on the dchome forum before the official announcement of the XQ2]
10) X-M1 successor already develop, just do not know will launch or not
11) Fuji Japan still analyses a program that user by pay some amount of $$ and can upgrade the part (item (5)- (8) ). They hope user can use the model for longer time without refresh model too fast.
12) XF16 1.4 – Hot summer launching
13) google translated: “X-E3 has a row you wait for” [FUJIRUMORS: sounds like Fuji is debating (has a row) regarding the X-E2 successor, which eventually is expected to come in 2016, since, according to joofei… (see Nr.14)
14) X-E3 => 2016
Just like the A7 also the A7r will be replaced soon. At least according to a highly trusted source. The new A7rII will have a new High Resolution sensor of around 50 Megapixels!
I don't know yet if the camera will be announced at Cp+ or 1-2 months later in Spring...
Byungdeok Nam, Senior Vice President of Samsung's R&D team has been interviewed at Dpreview. I really like what Samsung is doing on the technological front but I have to say their market prediction regarding mirrorless were always wrong in the past. So I wouldn't trust the latest statement they made in their new interview:
I wouldn’t like to say, but since 2008 when mirrorless systems were announced, mirrorless didn’t grow very rapidly. In the last year, however, market reports are predicting that in 2018/19 mirrorless cameras will outsell DSLRs.
It's certainly more interesting to read about the NX1 development story. To design and make the NX1 sensor they worked for three years. And the NX1 development goal was:
Full-frame, high-end DSLRs. The ones around the $5000 level. That’s our benchmark.
They certainly did an extremely good job with the NX1!
On top you can see the mirrorless share graph of the last 12 months in Japan. I am a bit surprised to see Sony loosing shares the last months. But it still remains the number one in Japan closely followed by Olympus.
The original BCN report also states that Canon wants to become the number one in the mirrorless market by end 2017. I guess Canon will have to launch a mirrorless Full Frame system to achieve that...
Image Sensor World reports about a new Samsung paper disclosing the tech for a new "Organic-on-silicon complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor colour image sensors":
The company proposes superposing an organic photodiode (OPD) onto a CMOS circuit with Si photodiodes, which is said to double the light-input surface area of each pixel.
Samsung is not the only company working on such a tech. Something similar has been developed by Fuji and Panasonic too.. It is yet impossible to say when that kind of sensor will make into a real mass production camera. But Samsung at least shows us the very first image taken with such a 5 Megapixel organic sensor:
Maybe we don't have to wait to long for it....
It's a long time we are all waiting to get a proper X-PRO 1 successor. I guess the camera will be finally announced during 2015. Fujirumors is spilling out first rumors about the camera:
- APS-C sensor (TS + ASwN + AS)
– 24MP sensor (ASwN) – More than 16MP (ASwN)
– available early/first half of 2015 (NeS)
– tilt screen (AS)
– WiFi (AS)
– Non organic ASP-C X-Trans sensor (ORS)
– Price about 20% to 30% more expensive than the X-T1 (AS)
(TS= trusted source / NeS =New Source / AS = Anonymous Source / AswN = anonymous source with nick-name / SRP = source who was right in the past, but not yet trusted / ORS = other rumor sites)
After many months of work and lot of issues to solve our first beta of the new MirrorlessRumor theme is online.
The first thing you have to know is that this isn't just a redesign. We completely rethinked the way a rumor site should work!
What I learned from these years on MirrorlessRumors is that:
1) There are many mirrorless camera owners that have the knowledge and passion to share interesting news. They can finally do that directly without having to contact the administrators!
2) For me (the admin) it is impossible to be online 24h per day. And with your help I can avoid to miss important news or rumors. This will keep the site always up to date.
From now on this becomes a community where everyone can post directly news and rumors! To do so you are kindly invited to become a member of this site. Check out what you can do by clicking on the Member Panel you see on top right of the site (it shows only after your registration and login).
How it works and what you can do:
1) You can submit articles that will be reviewed by our admins (for now this is just...me). If approved they will get online.
2) You can comment articles
3) You will get votes for approved posts (100 points) and 1 point for every like on your posts or comments (or -1 point if someone dislikes)
4) If you want and I can trust you...than you can ask to become an admin. As admin you can write posts without my moderation and review other members articles.
What do you gain by joining the community?
1) You can promote your work, your sites and let the community know who you are! You are free to write post and link back to your Blog and Portfolios. Use MR to get known!
2) Less trolls. Now only approved members can comment and heavy trolls will be first warned and eventually kicked out if they don't follow the very basic rules of respect.
...and many more "reasons" to join will be online soon!
This is just a very early beta. We need to launch the site as it is to check out if everything works fine before we do keep adding features. So please, join the site, try the features and I hope you will like what we have done so far!
Thanks a lot!
Peter, Andrea, Ale, Doug, Patrick, Stefan
P.S.: today there will be problems with signup from facebook and twitter until the domain propagates well.